If you will be in Austria for longer than 90 days, you will need an Austrian National Visa (Visa D). The visa fee is $182 and must be paid via credit/debit card, money order, or cashier’s check. You must apply for this visa in person and have an appointment.
Location of Consulate (for Arkansas Residents)
Address: 3524 International Court, NW, Washington, D.C. 20008
*However visa applications can be submitted at the VFS Visa Application Center in Houston.
- Completed visa application form.
- Appointment confirmation letter.
- Original and signed passport: The passport must be valid for at least 3 months after your planned departure from the Schengen Area. It must contain at least 2 empty visa pages.
- Copy of passport’s personal detail page(s).
- Copy of previous Schengen visas and entry/exit stamps.
- Passport-sized photo.
- Driver’s license with current address: Original plus a copy.
- Detailed itinerary and flight reservation: to and from the Schengen Area.
- Proof of accommodation for the entire stay in the Schengen Area:
- Hotel reservation, tour package, etc.
- If you are staying with a private host:
- A signed invitation letter stating the period of stay and relationship to the visa applicant
- Copy of the host’s passport
- Copy of the host's registration of residency
- Copy of the host's rental agreement or property title
- Proof of health insurance for the entire trip with a minimum coverage of USD 50,000.
- Proof of financial means: - bank statements for the last three months showing sufficient funds to cover your stay in the Schengen Area; original+copy
- If sponsored by a private host: electronic declaration of liability
- Proof of employment, if applicable (e.g. letter from employer, contract, payslip).
In addition: Official invitation letter (original+copy) from a firm, host organization, educational establishment or an authority to attend meetings, conferences, educational courses, university semesters abroad or events, containing detailed information concerning:
- address and contacts of the inviting entity
- name and position of the signing person
- purpose and duration of stay person or entity who will bear the travel and living costs (if applicable)
For students: signed letter from university written on official letter head paper, confirming enrolment, the payment of tuition fees or/and any scholarships as well as the purpose and duration of stay; original+copy
For more information: Click here
To Book an Appointment: Click here
Document Checklist (Bring completed and signed to your appointment): Click here