If you will be in Spain for longer than 90 days, you will need a Student Visa. The visa fee is $160 and must be paid in exact cash. You must apply for this visa in person.
Location of Consulate (for Arkansas Resident)
Address: 1800 Bering Drive, Suite 660 Houston, TX 77057
ORIGINAL and ONE PHOTOCOPY of each of the following items must be presented:
1.National visa application form.
2. Original Passport: Valid passport for the whole duration of the stay, with at least one blank page to affix the visa
3. US Driver’s license (Arkansas license – if you live in a different state, Houston might not be your Consulate. You will need to find the Consulate based on your residency. )
4. Two recent passport-sized photos: White Background, 2x2in, glued to the applications.
5. Acceptance letter: Letter from the Spanish University, School or program indicating that you are a full-time student. It also needs to include: name, address, telephone, and fax number, and registration number with the Ministry of Education of Spain; duration of the program (exact date of start & date of termination); subjects of study; hours of study per week. You do not need to provide a hardcopy of the acceptance letter; a scanned copy will suffice as long as it is clearly legible.
6. Evidence of funds: Provide either of the following:
- Statement from the University/School or US program assuming full financial responsibility for room and board (commonly included in the ‘Letter of acceptance’).
- Proof of financial aid or scholarship of at least $658 per month, for room and board. This document must specify that the funds will be used for your study abroad program and not for tuition.
- Last three months’ bank statements of student’s personal bank account. The name of the student must figure on the bank statements. Business accounts are not accepted. The bank statements must prove that you have the following amount available: $658 multiplied by the number of months you will spend in Spain.
- Notarized letter of parents/custodians assuming full financial responsibility, together with a copy of their ID, for at least $658 per month, for room and board.
- Suggested wording: ‘I hereby certify that I the (father, mother, other) of (...), will support her/him with a monthly allowance of $658 while she/he is in Spain and that I am financially responsible for any emergency that may arise’. The applicant must also provide the bank statements of the last three months from parents/custodians’ personal account. Business accounts are not accepted. The bank statements must prove that you have the following amount available: $658 multiplied by the number of months you will spend in Spain.
7. Health Insurance: Letter from an insurance company authorized to operate in Spain. You must be covered from the day that you enter the country until your last day of studies (indicated on the acceptance letter).
8. The passport can be sent to the applicant under his/her responsibility. The applicant must provide a pre-paid self-addressed envelope with a tracking number. Only USPS Priority or Express Mail will be accepted. If you reside in Houston, you must pick up your passport in person.
For more information: Click Here
To Book an Appointment: Click Here