If you will be in Germany for longer than 90 days, you will need a Resident Permit. The visa fee is 75 euro payable in US dollars. You must apply for this visa in person.
Location of Consulate (for Arkansas Residents)
Address: 1330 Post Oak Blvd., Suite 1850 Houston, TX 77056
Please prepare the following documents (the original copy plus one duplicate) for your interview:
- Two completed application forms for a residence permit and declaration of the accuracy of information
- Two recent passport size photos
- 3. Letter of acceptance/ enrollment from a German University
- A detailed letter of motivation providing information about why you wish to study in Germany
- Proof of financial means of subsistence/ living expenses for the whole period of your intended studies in Germany (Please consult the information letter: “Proof of financial funds for studying in Germany”)
- Proof of health insurance for the first three months in Germany
- Applicant’s valid passport and two photocopies of the data page. Please note these important regulations concerning your passport:
- Its validity should exceed the duration of the intended stay in Germany by at least 3 months.
- It must contain at least 2 blank pages.
- It must have been issued within the previous 10 years.
- A recent proof of the applicant’s current residence in the USA.
For more information: Click here