Step 1: Request Position through Department
- Department searches for part-time employee through department contacts, student contacts, media, or Career Services Center.
- Department determines individual to hire.
- Department reviews candidate with Dean/Director and VP/VC for approval.
Step 2: Background Check
- If the employee is a non-student, a background check is required. Student background checks may be completed at the hiring department's discretion.
- Once the candidate has been selected, the hiring department should request a background check.
- The individual will receive an email with a link from the company that provides our background check to begin the process.
- Once results are received, the department is notified when they may continue with the hiring process.
Step 3: New Hire Paperwork
- The Hiring Department completes the Assignment Change form to verify payment of new employee.
- Assignment Change form is submitted through appropriate channels to include the Dean/Director, VC, Sponsored Programs Accounting, International Faculty/Staff approval, Budget and Human Resources as required.
- Assignment Change form is received in Human Resources and matched with employment verification documents including I9, tax withholding documents and background check,
- Assignment Change form is then utilized for input of payment into the payroll system by Human Resources.
- The employee is responsible for delivering the most current New Hire Paperwork to Human Resources.
- Employee must bring two forms of identification when turning in their paperwork
Step 4: Current Return-to-Work Requirements
- Each employee must complete the Return to Work checklist and submit to Human Resources. (email@example.com)
- The employee must complete COVID-19 Safety Training within the Employee Training Seminar in Taleo Learn.
- The hiring department should ensure the employee reviews the Return to Learn plan.
- Each employee must have a face covering to wear while on campus and must adhere to all practices put into place by the University to maintain the safety of our campus.
- Each employee must complete the campus self-check upon arrival to campus each day.
Step 5: New Account Creation
- Please ensure the new employee (non-student) checks their personal email for information regarding activating their A-State account and other important steps that need to be completed quickly. (Part-time student employees will not receive an astate.edu email account)