A-State has all the tutoring resources that you need in order to be successful. Our cohort of nine tutoring centers concentrates on student support across the disciplines. Whether you need help with writing a paper at the Writing Center or with college algebra in the Math Learning Commons, we are here to guide you. If you are looking for tutors and are not sure which center suites your needs the best, contact Learning Support Services, and they will be happy to help accommodate your specific needs.
ALL TUTORING IS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Appointments must be made using the Penji app. It is suggested that appointments be made at least 24 hours in advance when possible. However, appointments can be made right up until the time of any available appointment.
- PENJI INSTALLATION
- Download the Penji app. The Penji app is available for download for both iOS and Android. The icon is blue with a penguin.
- Select Sign-up.
- Enter your A-State student email address.
- Single sign-on with A-State credentials. (This may have to be done more than once).
- Sign-up options: Choose “Learn.”
- Complete your profile: name, picture, major, etc.
- Select your tutoring center.
- DIRECTIONS FOR SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE PENJI APP
- Pick the tutoring center.
- From the “Learn” screen, select the option to schedule a session.
- Select your particular course section.
- Select a day and time for your session.
- Select your tutor.
- Select your location.
- Create an “Agenda” list (list what section(s) or topic(s) you wish to work on) and select any materials (if any) that you will be using for the session.
- Review all information and “Confirm.” The upcoming session will appear in your activity feed.
- Once there, the session details will contain all information for the appointment, including the Zoom link for online appointments. Join the meeting at the scheduled time via the link or go to the in-person location listed.