A-State has all the tutoring resources that you need in order to be successful. Our cohort of nine tutoring centers concentrates on student support across the disciplines. Whether you need help with writing a paper at the Writing Center or with college algebra in the Math Learning Commons, we are here to guide you. If you are looking for tutors and are not sure which center suits your needs the best, contact Learning Support Services, and they will be happy to help accommodate your specific needs.
***ALL TUTORING IS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY***
Appointments must be made using the Penji app( Penji is a scheduling platform for a variety of support resources on campus). It is suggested that appointments be made at least 24 hours in advance when possible. However, appointments can be made right up until the time of any available appointment.
- SETTING UP PENJI
- Download the Penji app or open web.penjiapp.com in your browser. The Penji app is available for both iOS and Android users. The logo features a penguin with blue background.
- Select "Get Started".
- Enter your A-State student email address.
- Single sign-on with A-State credentials. (This may have to be done more than once).
- Sign-up options: Choose “Learn.”
- Complete your profile: name, picture, major, etc.
- Select your tutoring center.
- For more instructions visit Setting up Penji.
- STEPS TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE PENJI APP
- Choose the tutoring center.
- Choose the option to schedule a session from the "Learn" screen.
- Choose the segment of your chosen course.
- Choose a day and time for your session.
- Choose a tutor.
- Choose a location.
- Create an “Agenda” list (list what section(s) or topic(s) you wish to work on) and select any materials (if any) that you will be using for the session.
- Review all information and “Confirm”. The upcoming session will appear in your activity feed.
- Once there, the session details will contain all information for the appointment, including the Zoom link for online appointments. Join the meeting at the scheduled time via the link or go to the in-person location listed.
- For more instructions visit Schedule an appointment with the Penji.