Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
The Department of Mathematics & Statistics and the College of Sciences and Mathematics provide the Kathrine Overstreet Logan Mathematics Learning Commons for all registered A-State students. It is open Monday Thru Friday for tutoring, computer use, independent study, and group study. There is no fee to use the services provided by the KOL Mathematics Learning Commons.
Online Tutoring: WebEx
Monday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm; 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Tuesday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm;
Wednesday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm; 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Thursday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm;
Friday: 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm
In Person Tutoring: Location CSM 201
Monday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 1:00pm
Appointments for subjects listed below must be scheduled through the Penji app. For courses that are not listed there may be drop-in tutoring for them if a tutor is available.
Tutoring Available for For:
Note: Limited tutoring hours may be available for other MATH/STAT courses. See Penji app for times.
1. The Penji app is available for download for both iOS and Android. The icon is blue with a penguin.
2. After downloading the app, select Sign-up.
3. Enter your A-State student e-mail address.
4. Single sign-on with A-state credentials. (This may have to be done more than once.)
5. Sign-up options: Choose “Learn”. (Optional: How did you hear about app?)
6. Complete your profile: name, picture, major, etc.
7. Select “KOL Math Commons” as your tutoring center.
Directions for Scheduling an Appointment with the Penji App:
1. Pick the KOL Math Commons tutoring center.
2. From the “Learn” screen, select to schedule a 15, 30, or 60-minute session.
3. Select your particular class section. (Search option available.)
4. Select a day and time for your session.
5. Select your tutor.
6. Select your location, either in-person in CSM 201 or WebEx online.
7. Create an “Agenda” (list what section(s) or topics you wish to work on) and select any materials (if any) that you will be using for the session.
8. Review all the information and “Confirm”.
9. The upcoming session will appear in your activity feed.
10. Once there, the session details will contain all information for the appointment including the WebEx meeting link for online appointments.
11. Join the meeting at the scheduled time via WebEx or go to the in-person location listed.
For more information call:
Department of Mathematics and Statistics at 870-972-3090 or email MathLearningCommons@AState.edu