SMART Center tutoring is offered Monday through Friday between the hours of and . Tutoring is available to all students currently attending Arkansas State University. Available subjects and times can be found on the schedule listed below. For more information regarding the tutoring schedule or any other services the SMART Center may provide, please contact our main office at +1 (870) 972-2440.
Online Tutoring: Via Zoom
Please log into Penji to see subject and tutor availability. 1 hour per tutor.
Fall 2022-Drop in Tutoring Location: LSW 553
SMART Center Tutoring offers tutoring in the following subjects:
Download the Penji app. The Penji app is available for download for both iOS and Android. The icon is blue with a penguin TM.
- Select Sign-up.
- Enter your A-State student e-mail address.
- Single sign-on with A-state credentials. (This may have to be done more than once.)
- Sign-up options: Choose “Learn”. (Optional: How did you hear about app?)
- Complete your profile: name, picture, major, etc.
- Select the desired tutoring center.
Directions for Scheduling an Appointment with the Penji App:
Pick the desired tutoring center.
- From the “Learn” screen, select to schedule a session.
- Select your particular course section.
- Select a day and time for your session.
- Select your tutor.
- Select your location.
- Create an “Agenda” (list what section(s) or topics you wish to work on) and select any materials (if any) that you will be using for the session.
- Review all the information and “Confirm”.
- The upcoming session will appear in your activity feed.
- Once there, the session details will contain all information for the appointment including the Zoom meeting link for online appointments.
Join the meeting at the scheduled time via Zoom or attend in-person tutoring location in Lab Sciences West, 553.
SMART Center Tutoring will begin each semester during the second week of classes and run through the Study Day of each semester.
All SMART Center tutors are required to tutor at least 4 hour per week. We have expanded our availability to ensure that students can find an appropriate tutoring time slot that fits best within their schedule.
Each tutor can host up to 3 students per one tutoring session (1-hour session). All tutors will host drop in tutoring hours throughout the week. Students who attend drop in tutoring are required to sign in and out using the penji app. If unsure how to do this, please speak with a tutor during your tutoring session.
If a course taught in the College of Sciences and Mathematics is not offered, please contact the SMART Center to request a course. All requests will be reviewed. If a tutor can be located for the course requested, you will be notified. Otherwise, please contact Learning Support Services or another tutoring center on campus, to see if they may have a tutor available who can assist with your course.