You will need a Student Visa to study in South Korea, however, it is easier to purchase a 90-day student visa and then renew it once you are in Korea if you intend to be there longer than 90 days. The visa fee is $40 - $65. You must apply for this visa in person or via mail.
Location of Consulate (for Arkansas Residents)
Address: 2 Greenway Plaza Suite 200 Houston, TX 77046
- Admissions letter or certificate or registration issued by the dean/president of the college or university at Korean University.
- Proof of academic ability of the applicant (original sealed transcript from US College).
- Summary of costs of the program.
- Passport is valid for at least 6 months from the date of application with a copy of the photo page. Passport must have at least one blank page.
- Two recent passport-style color photographs.
- Return travel ticket.
- Completed and signed the visa application form.
- Proof of financial stability.
- Students on a one-term program (3-4 months) must provide a recent bank statement with a minimum balance of $3,000.00.
- Students on a year-long program a recent bank statement with a minimum balance of $10,000.00.
- A Tuberculosis (TB) skin or blood test results issued by a doctor.
For more information: Click here