Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
Dr. William "Gill" Giese
Assistant Professor of Plant and Soil Science
- Ph.D. Virginia Tech University (Viticulture)
- M.S. University of Arkansas (Horticulture)
- B.S. University of Arkansas (Agriculture)
- Plant Science
- Agriculture and the Environment
- Soil Science
- Plant Genetics
- Fruit and vegetable production
- Sustainable agriculture
- Cover crops
- American Society of Enology and Viticulture
- American Society of Horticultural Science
Assistant professor in the College of Agriculture at A-State beginning in 2023. Prior to A-State, Gill taught agriculture/viticulture at Surry Community College in North Carolina, and most recently worked as Viticulture Extension Specialist for New Mexico State University. His applied research included variety and rootstock trials, irrigation study, nematode modelling, and cover crops to enhance pollinator habitat, support soil health and optimize grape production and quality.
Dr. Giese has published scholarly articles in national and international scientific journals and has received research funding from Western SARE, and several local and state agencies.