Admission to Arkansas State University
How to apply to LXMO program
All students must apply to Arkansas State University before acceptance to the Limited X-Ray Machine Operation program.
- Apply to Arkansas State University.
- Determine whether you meet the Admission Requirements for the LXMO program.
- Download Spring LXMO application. (Spring Applications due by 5pm on December 21st.)
- Download Fall LXMO application. (Fall Applications due by 5pm on June 30th.)
- Submit completed application electronically to email@example.com.
In order to ensure patient safety and welfare, the student must demonstrate "with or without accommodations" in order to successfully complete the program:
- Sufficient eyesight to observe teaching methods and patients, manipulate equipment and accessories, and evaluate radiographs for quality.
- Sufficient hearing to communicate effectively with members of the healthcare team and patients and hear various patient, equipment and background sounds.
- Sufficient gross and fine motor coordination to manipulate equipment and accessories, lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds, and respond promptly to patient's needs.
- Satisfactory intellectual and emotional functions to ensure patient safety and to exercise independent judgment in the performance of assigned responsibilities in stressful situations.
- Satisfactory verbal, written, and reading skills to effectively and promptly communicate in English.
- The ability to work collaboratively and demonstrate ethical behaviors with all members of the healthcare team.
English Proficiency Requirements
The Department of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences programs and professions require a high level of proficiency in English so that all students will be able to fully meet academic and clinical objectives as well as meet criteria for professional licensure.