If you will be in the United Kingdom for more than 6 months, you will need a Student Visa. This visa costs £348. You have to apply online for a student visa.
Location of Consulate (for Arkansas Residents)
Address: 1301 Fannin St, Houston, TX 77002
Documents to Provide at Border:
- Proof you have been accepted on a course by an accredited institution or by a UK Higher Education Institution, for example, a letter of acceptance from the institution.
- Proof you are able to fund your stay in the UK and return journey.
- Proof of when you intend to leave the UK at the end of your course.
You’ll also need to show:
- Details of where you intend to stay.
When you apply for your Student visa you must provide:
- A current passport or other valid travel documentation
- A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from your course provider
You may also need to provide:
- Proof you have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course - this will vary depending on your circumstances
- A valid ATAS certificate if your course and nationality require it
- Proof of parental or other legal guardian consent if you’re under 18
- Proof of your relationship to your parent or guardian if you’re under 18
- Your tuberculosis test results
- Written consent for your application from your financial sponsor if you’ve received sponsorship for your course fees and living costs in the last 12 months
For more information: Click here