Graduate School Admission
All applicants must first apply online to the Graduate School for their desired program. Visit the Graduate School website for more information.
Non-degree candidates cannot enroll in College of Business graduate courses unless they meet all the admission requirements of the degree candidate. Students who are admitted to masters degree programs outside the College of Business will not be permitted to take more than nine semester hours of College of Business graduate courses unless they meet all of the admission requirements of the degree candidate.
Admission into the MAcc Program
An official transcript is required from every college and university you have attended since graduating from high school. All prior course work including summer sessions, night school and any graduate study should be included. All international transcripts must be translated into English. The translations should be notarized or officially validated.
All applicants whose native language is not English, must meet the University’s English proficiency requirements. Please check the ‘English Proficiency Requirements’ section in the chart at the bottom of the following link for more information: https://www.astate.edu/a/global-initiatives/international/admissions/graduate/
An applicant for the Master of Accountancy in Accounting with Data Analytics Degree program will receive unconditional admission by meeting all of the following criteria:
- Submitted a completed application for admission to the Office of the Registrar and the designated nonrefundable application fee, at least 30 days in advance of registration.
- Submitted official transcripts from each previously attended college or university to Graduate Admissions. Official transcripts must be submitted directly from the Registrar of other institutions to A-State’s Office of the Registrar.
- Earned a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution, or its equivalent as determined by A-State’s Office of the Registrar.
- Achieved a minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale; OR achieved a 3.00 GPA on the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework.
- Must have a C or better in the following upper-level accounting courses:
- Intermediate Financial Accounting II
- U.S. Tax Accounting
Conditional Admission to the Master of Accountancy in Accounting with Data Analytics Degree is reserved for Accelerated MAcc students. All students admitted to the Accelerated MAcc will be admitted conditionally. Conditional admission to the Accelerated MAcc requires that the applicant have a 2.75 overall GPA and have completed ACCT 3003, Intermediate Accounting I with a grade of B or better.
Applicants who meet the standards for unconditional admission when they receive their BS will be moved to unconditional admission status. Students who do not meet the standards for unconditional admission when they receive their BS will not be allowed to continue in the program.
Affidavit of Financial Resources of International Applicants/Visa Status
Check the Office of International Programs website for more information.
The completion of the affidavit to the satisfaction of Arkansas State University is one of the requirements that must be met before a Form I-20 can be issued. Return the completed form with the statement and signature from an official of your financial institution to Graduate Admissions, P.O. Box 1570, State University, AR 72467 USA.
International applicants need to indicate on the affidavit the amount of funds in United States currency that will be available to them during each year that they plan to be in the United States. Funds must be verified by a certified statement from an official of the financial institution and/or government agency.
To expedite processing, applicants are encouraged to submit this information with their applications.