How to Apply
Class size is limited and all applicants may not be accepted into the program. Interested individuals are encouraged to seek an advisor early in their college career to ensure that all prerequisite courses are completed in a timely manner.
Applicants for admission will be ranked according to application completeness, the GPA of the 10 hours of prerequisites and admission test score. Consideration will be given to students completing prerequisite courses by the end of the Fall semester.
Based on recent legislation in Arkansas, students admitted to professional programs that lead to licensure upon graduation are required to have a successful background check to complete formal admission.
Online applications will be available August 31st - October 1st.
Applicants Must Complete
- Admission to Arkansas State University
- Online application for Admission to the School of Nursing available August 31st. (Application checklist)
- Take the HESI A2 admission exam - test dates for Spring 2021 to be announced. Payment for admission exam is non-refundable. You are only allowed to take admission exam once per academic year. Admission exam is a timed exam, with a 3-hour time limit and will cover three sections - Critical Thinking, Reading Comprehension and Anatomy & Physiology.
- Official Transcripts: Submit official transcripts showing all college work completed, including grades on courses taken in the last semester of enrollment to the Office of Admissions.
- Submit with application a list of currently enrolled prerequisite coursework.
- Certification of CNA from the Office of Long Term Care by October 1st.
- Documentation of English proficiency, if applicable.
For questions or for more information, contact the campus you are applying to:
ASU Mountain Home
Attention: Tammy Daffron
1600 S College St, Mountain Home AR 72653
Attention: Cathy Rech
2000 W Broadway, West Memphis AR 72301
Tyler Long, Pre-Nursing Advisor
Note: The Traditional AASN program is not available on the Jonesboro campus.
* All documentation required by the School of Nursing must be kept current at all times during the course of the program. Students admitted will be required to supply additional documentation including current CPR certification, Hepatitis B immunizations, TB skin test or chest x-ray and proof of professional liability insurance (minimum $1,000,000/$3,000,000). Criminal background check may be required.