How to Apply
To apply, just follow these simple steps:
- Apply for admission to A-State.
- Apply for admission to the LPN-AASN program. The application will be available on the School of Nursing website on April 30th.
- Take the required admission exam. Link is posted on the School of Nursing website (when available)
- Submit the following by the June 7th deadline:
- Completed LPN-AASN application
- Official (sealed) transcripts of ALL college work completed submitted to the Registrar's Office (PO Box 1570, State University, ARN 72467).
- Documentation of prerequisite coursework currently enrolled in at time of application.
- Letter of reference from the program director/chair of any previously attended, but not completed, nursing program (if applicable)
- Validation of work experience (if applicable)
- Documentation of English proficiency (if applicable)
All application materials must be received by June 7th for the fall semester. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Applications are reviewed after the application deadline and preference is not given for early submission.
Students admitted will be required to supply additional documentation, including current CPR certification, Hepatitis B immunizations, TB skin test or chest x-ray, tetanus and MMR and proof of professional liability insurance (minimum $1,000,000/$6,000,000).
Based on recent legislation in Arkansas, students admitted to professional programs that lead to licensure upon graduation are required to have a successful background check to complete formal admission.
An unencumbered LPN license is to be maintained throughout the program.
All documentation required by the School of Nursing must be kept current al all times during the course of the program.
For questions or for more information, contact the campus you are applying to:
ASU Mountain Home -Effective Spring 2023, program will no longer be offered on this campus.
ASU Mid-South (West Memphis)
Attention: Mary Trammell
2000 W Broadway, West Memphis AR 72301
Rochelle Morris, Pre-Nursing Advisor: