Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
Dr. John Nowlin
Assistant Professor of Geospatial Technologies
- Ph.D. in Geography, UNC Greensboro (Dec 2017)
- M.A. in Applied Geography & Post Baccalaureate GIS Certificate, UNC Greensboro (May 2013)
- B.A. in Geography Summa Cum Laud, Phi Beta Kappa, UNC Greensboro (Dec 2010)
- geographic information systems
- geospatial science
- environmental data and models
- earth science
- environmental and sustainability studies
- micro-topographic modeling
- physical site suitability
- niche agricultural site selection
- terroir analysis
- geography of viticulture
- American Association of Geographers
- Southeastern Division of the American Association of Geographers
- Arkansas GIS Users Forum
- Arkansas Geographic Information Systems Board
John has been a faculty member in the College of Agriculture at A-State since 2018 and currently holds the rank of Assistant Professor. Prior to coming to A-State, John worked as a Lecturer for UNC Greensboro, in Greensboro NC. Before that he worked for 19 years in the Industrial Woods Industry. John is also a veteran of the U.S. Navy, where he ported in twenty-five countries. He has an active research program in the area of physical site suitability, niche agricultural site selection, agricultural water conservation, and micro-topographic analysis.
He has published scholarly articles in national and international scientific journals and has received research funding from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, remote sensing contractors and several state agencies.