As soon as you set foot on our campus you will know you’ve found the place you can call home.
Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
Visit the Office of Academic Affairs & Research >>
- Campus Life
A-State offers unlimited possibilities for students to customize their experience while on campus.
Visit Student Affairs >>
Research engages intellectual curiosity, satisfies the thirst for discovery, and provides an outlet for creativity.
- About A-State
Marking its first hundred years, Arkansas State University continues to expand in exciting ways.
Dr. Gauri Guha
Professor of Economics
- Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA (Energy and Environmental Economics)
- MBA, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi, India (International Trade)
- M.S., Birla Institute of Technology and Science, India (Economics)
Certified Global Business Professional (NASBITE, 2009)
Data Mining in SAS (Arkansas State University – SAS, 2002)
Computer Network Systems (Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, India, 1996)
Geographic Information Systems (Space Applications Center, Ahmedabad, India, 1993)
- Environmental and Energy Economics
- Global Business Policies
- Statistics, Econometrics, and Optimization
- EBCA, EIA, I-O Analysis, CGE Modeling
- Environmental Economics (ECON 6353, Arkansas State University): Doctoral level environmental and natural resource economics.
- Managerial Economics (ECON 6313, Arkansas State University): MBA class on managerial applications of economic techniques for consumer, price, market and strategy analysis.
- Management Science (QM 6433, Arkansas State University): MBA class on applications of operations research techniques for managerial decision-making.
- Global Environmental Policies (ECON 4363, Arkansas State University): Junior / Senior level elective; a more intuitive treatment of Environmental Economics with global cases.
- Export Policies and Procedures (ECON 4143, Arkansas State University): Senior level capstone course for IB majors, covering management, marketing, logistics and finance.
- Managerial Economics (ECON 4343, Arkansas State University): UG senior business elective covering forecasting, simulation, and capital budgeting using MS-Excel.
- Microeconomic Analysis (ECON 3313), Arkansas State University): UG senior business elective covering topics in intermediate microeconomics.
- Business Statistics (ECON 2113, Arkansas State University): UG introductory statistics, probability and sampling distributions, hypothesis testing, regression.
- Principles of Economics (ECON 2313 – Macro, ECON 2323 - Micro, Arkansas State University): UG introductory microeconomics.
- Climate Change
- Economic Impact Assessment
- Environmental Valuation
- Renewable Energy
- Associate Editor, International Journal of Environmental Economics and Statistics
- Assistant Editor, Journal of Economics
- Reviewer, Southwestern Economic Review
Dr. Guha joined the faculty of Arkansas State University in 2002, with primary teaching responsibilities in the areas of environmental economics (Ph.D), managerial economics (MBA), and undergraduate economics and statistics.
Besides teaching, research and service duties, Dr. Guha sought and has been awarded several research grants in Environmental Economics, Biotechnology and International Business.
He received multiple US Department of Education BIE grants to help University students and faculty and businesses in Northeast Arkansas prepare export plans and identify foreign markets. He has led / organized study tours for these constituents to countries like Ecuador, China, India, and Japan. Dr. Guha has also created two new classes to enhance the International Business curriculum.
Dr. Guha has published four books and many articles in international journals. He has presented his research at international venues like Rio De Janeiro, Vancouver, Kathmandu, Ottawa, Quebec City, and Brussels. He made an invited presentation on the Business Impacts of Climate Change at the Oxford Union.
Dr. Guha is a visiting professor at the Rovaniemi Polytechnic in Finland, the University of Caen in France, the University of Duisburg in Germany, and the University of Applied Science in Salzburg. Earlier, Dr. Guha worked as an export executive for India's largest paint manufacturer; then as a director in the Indian Planning Commission; and as a consultant to the World Bank.
Department of Economics & Finance
P: (870) 972-2280