Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
Dr. Mohamed Milad
Assistant Professor of Statistics
- 2017: Ph.D. Mathematic with emphasis on Statistics, Missouri University of S&T
- 2013: M.S. Applied Mathematics, Missouri University of S&T
- 2004: M.S. Mathematics with emphasis on statistic , University Science Malaysia (USM)
- 2000: B.S. Statistics , Garyounis University, Libya
- Regression Analysis
- Design of Experiments
- Inference Statistics
- Statistical modeling of biological data: My Research focused on the development of statistical methods for analysis of big data genetic, genomic and other “omics” data in epigenetics and clinical science. Specific topics included DNA methylation of next generation sequence data.
- Functional Data Approach for DNA Methylation.
Dr. Mohamed Milad came to Arkansas State University in August, 2017 as Visiting Assistant Professor from the Missouri University of S&T- Mathematics and Statistics Department. His strong statistical background, effective communication skills, and collaborative research experience have provided him the training and expertise to develop statistical methods to answer difficult statistical challenges posed by modern genetics. His primary research goals are developing functional data methods for processing and analyzing biological data on high-throughput platform technologies, specifically microarrays and next-generation sequencing (NGS). Working on interdisciplinary research problems have allowed him to work in a diverse set of areas of genomics such as the interpretation of changes in DNA methylation.
Building: Computer Science & Mathematics