Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
Dr. Ilwoo Seok, P.E.
Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- Ph.D., UCLA, Los Angeles, CA (Mechanical Engineering)
- M.S., Hanyang University, Korea (Mechanical Engineering)
- B.S., Hanyang University, Korea (Mechanical Engineering)
- Registered Professional Engineer, Arkansas
- Dynamics, Mechanics of Materials and Lab
- Fluid Mechanics and Lab
- Machine/Mechanical System Design
- Control and Mechatronics
- CAE with Finite Element Analysis
- Micro/Nano-Electro-Mechanical Systems
- Advance Materials Science and Engineering
- MEMS and NEMS
- Advanced (Additive) Manufacturing Process and Surface Engineering
- Multifunctional Materials and Fabrication
- Mathematical modelling and analysis for multi-physics phenomena
- Development of devices for Energy, Bio-mimicry, Optic application
- American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME)
- Korea-American Scientists and Engineers Association (KSEA)
Dr. Seok’s research involves the development of advanced manufacturing and multi-functional materials under micro/nano-meter realms. His research also includes mathematical modelling and analysis for multi-physics phenomena. Main application is in energy, bio-mimicry, and optical devices.
Dr. Seok leads the microfabrication laboratory at A-State and has been conducting many of research project as the primary investigator (PI) funded by National Science Foundation (NSF), Arkansas Biosciences Institute (ABI), Arkansas Space Grant Consortium (ASGC), and A-State.
Currently in Mechanical Engineering, Dr. Seok’s teaching spectrum is wide from lower level courses (including Lab.) to the graduate level ones: Dynamics, Mechanics and Materials, Fluid Mechanics, Mechatronics, Machine/Mechanical System Design, Finite element analysis, advanced Materials Science and Engineering, and MEMS class. He also serves as the senior (capstone) design group advisor.
As a mechanical designer and researcher, he holds 6 six years of industry experience for Hyundai Motors, BOSCH, Samsung Electro-Mechanics from 1999 to 2005.