As soon as you set foot on our campus you will know you’ve found the place you can call home.
Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
Visit the Office of Academic Affairs & Research >>
- Campus Life
A-State offers unlimited possibilities for students to customize their experience while on campus.
Visit Student Affairs >>
Research engages intellectual curiosity, satisfies the thirst for discovery, and provides an outlet for creativity.
- About A-State
Marking its first hundred years, Arkansas State University continues to expand in exciting ways.
Dr. Gregory Hansen
Professor of Folklore and English
- Ph.D. Folklore, Indiana University, 2001
- M.A. Folk Studies, Western Kentucky University, 1987
- B.A. Communication Studies, Pennsylvania State University, 1983
- Folklife Studies
- Heritage Programs
- World Literature to 1660 and World Literature since 1660
- Introduction to Folklore
- Ballad and Folksong
- *Heritage Studies Courses
- A Florida Fiddler: The Life and Times of Richard Seaman, published by University of Alabama Press.
- With staff of Smithsonian Institution: Iowa Folklife: Our People, Communities, and Traditions, Smithsonian Institution.
- With staff from Florida Folklife Program: The Florida Music Train, Florida Department of State; various video documentaries and audio recordings.
- Most Recent Project: With Shihan De Silva Jayasuriya and Mariana Pinto Leitão Pereira, Hansen co-edited Sustaining Support for Intangible Cultural Heritage
- Gerald E. and Corinne L. Parsons Fund Award 2009, Fellowship from the American Folklife Center within the Library of Congress.
- Arkansas State University's Board of Trustees' 2009 "Faculty Achievement Award for Service."
- Arkansas State University's Board of Trustees', "Faculty Achievement Award for Scholarship," 2008.
- Arkansas State University's College of Humanities and Social Sciences Award for Outstanding Teaching, 2005.
- (With staff of Florida Folklife Program) Dorothy Howard Prize for excellence in folklife education from the American Folklore Society's "Folklore and Education Section," 2003.
- National Endowment for the Arts grants, 2003-9.