Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
Dr. Veena Kulkarni
Associate Professor of Sociology
Graduate Program Coordinator - Sociology
- Ph.D., University of Maryland-College Park (Sociology)
- M.A., Delhi University (Economics)
- Population & Development
- Social Demography
- Social Problems
- Research Methods
- International Migration
- Social Inequalities in Education & Health
- Labor Market Processes & Outcomes
- American Sociological Association
- International Union for the Scientific Study of Population
- Population Association of America
- Kulkarni, Veena. ‘Household Extension and Earnings among Foreign Born Asian and non-Hispanic White Households’, Journal of Family Issues, Forthcoming.
- Rukus, Joseph and Veena Kulkarni. ‘Easier Said than Done: Methodological Challenges in Exploring Prevalence of Mental Health Illness among Rural Jail Inmates in the United States’, International Journal of Rural Criminology, Forthcoming.
- Kulkarni, Veena, Vani S. Kulkarni and Raghav Gaiha. ‘Has Disability Risen among the Elderly in India?’, Economic and Political Weekly, Forthcoming.
- Kulkarni, Veena and Douglas F. Barnes. 2017.‘Education in Rural Peru: Exploring the Role ofHousehold Electrification in School Enrollment’, Journal of Research in Rural Education, 32(10): 1-19.
Veena Kulkarni joined Arkansas State University after completing her Ph.D in Sociology with specialization in Demography and Development from University of Maryland –College Park. Her research interests lie at the intersections of studying social and economic inequalities with the focus on labor market processes and indicators, health and educational outcomes in the context of developing and developed countries. Her work has appeared in peer reviewed journals such as Demography, International Migration Review, International Review of Applied Economics, Journal of Developing Areas, Social Science Research, Sociological Forum, World Development and as book chapters published by the Sage Publication and Oxford University Press. She is presently working on a book manuscript, ‘Indian Immigrants in Developed Democracies: A Cross-National Study’, to be published by Routledge as part of the ‘Routledge Studies of Diasporic Peoples’.
F: (870) 972-3694