How to Apply
To apply, just follow these simple steps:
- Apply for admission to A-State.
- Apply for admission to the LPN-AASN program. The application will be available on the School of Nursing website April 30th.
- Take the required admission exam. Dates for Fall 2019 TBA
- Submit the following by the June 7th deadline:
- Completed LPN-AASN application
- Official (sealed) transcripts of ALL college work completed submitted to the Registrar's Office.
- Documentation of prerequisite coursework currently enrolled in at time of application.
- Letter of reference from the program director/chair of any previously attended, but not completed, nursing program (if applicable)
- Validation of work experience (if applicable)
- Documentation of English proficiency, if applicable
All application materials must be received by June 7 for the fall semester. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Applications are reviewed after the application deadline and preference is not given for early submission.
Students admitted will be required to supply additional documentation, including current CPR certification, Hepatitis B immunizations, TB skin test or chest x-ray, tetanus and MMR and proof of professional liability insurance (minimum $1,000,000/$6,000,000).
Based on recent legislation in Arkansas, students admitted to professional programs that lead to licensure upon graduation are required to have a successful background check to complete formal admission.
An unencumbered LPN license is to be maintained throughout the program.
All documentation required by the School of Nursing must be kept current al all times during the course of the program.
For questions or for more information, contact the campus you are applying to:
Attention: Debbie Holmberg
PO Box 1000, Beebe AR 72012
ASU Mountain Home
Attention: Tammy Daffron
1600 S College St, Mountain Home AR 72653
Attention: Cathy Rech
2000 W Broadway, West Memphis AR 72301
Ms. Jenafer Wray, Pre-Nursing Advisor
Note: The Traditional AASN program is not available on the Jonesboro campus.