All purchases, rentals, leases, lease/purchases, and contract services for Arkansas State University-Jonesboro, regardless of the source of funds, are subject to Arkansas laws, regulations, and procedures, and should be for the official business of the University.
All types of purchases from University accounts are subject to these regulations and procedures and require prior approval from the Procurement Services Department. The Procurement Official is the sole purchasing authority of the University. Purchases not authorized by this authority are not legal obligations of the University.
Purchasing Without Authorization
Any individual making a purchase without proper authority is assuming a personal obligation to the vendor for whom he/she may be held personally liable.
Procurement Services' mission is to provide the University with services that effectively and efficiently respond to the campus's operating needs.
- To procure all materials and services which meet the quality, quantity and delivery requirements of University departments.
- To obtain the highest value for each dollar spent.
- To foster and maintain good working relationships with campus departments through an understanding of their purposes and objectives.
- To promote the principles of open competitive bidding and impartiality.
- To maintain a high level of professional ethics and integrity.
- To provide potential suppliers with equal consideration of their products and services.
- To foster a high standard of public relations within the University, with vendors and the general public.
- To acquaint faculty and staff with the practices and procedures employed by the Procurement Office.
- To provide information and consultation to faculty and staff relative to products, sources and procurement options available to them.
Procurement Services' strategic plan is to search for the best quality products and services and at the best price while meeting departmental needs.