As soon as you set foot on our campus you will know you’ve found the place you can call home.
Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
Visit the Office of Academic Affairs & Research >>
- Campus Life
A-State offers unlimited possibilities for students to customize their experience while on campus.
Visit Student Affairs >>
Research engages intellectual curiosity, satisfies the thirst for discovery, and provides an outlet for creativity.
- About A-State
Marking its first hundred years, Arkansas State University continues to expand in exciting ways.
Where do I order office supplies?
Office supplies are no longer on a mandatory state contract. ASU encourages using the preferred cooperative contract at Staples for office supply purchases. P-Cards can be used at the Office Depot store.
- Staples is an E & I Cooperative (CNR-01373) office supplier for ASU
- Office Depot is a State Contract (SP-19-0069) office supplier for ASU
- Link to order: https://business.officedepot.com/
- Ordering guide
- Welcome Guide
What is the procedure for food purchases?
Food Purchase Requests:
Departments must complete the Food Purchase Request form when using state funds to
purchase food. The form is to be used for food purchases, for both on or off campus, events not
provided by Sodexo, Inc., our Dining Services vendor. The form is not required when food is
purchased using A-State Foundation or Student Agency funds.
- On-Campus facilities include all buildings on the Jonesboro campus with the exception of the Judd Hill Center.
- Off-Campus facilities include restaurants, parks, and other establishments not on the Jonesboro campus.
Sodexo must be used to cater the event when the event is held on campus.
On-Campus Official Functions
• Food purchased for an on-campus function must be purchased through Sodexo, Inc.
• In the event, Sodexo is unavailable, the Food Purchase Request Form must be approved by Sodexo, Inc., PRIOR to ordering from an off-campus vendor.
• All food purchase requests for off-campus official functions must be approved by Sodexo, the department head, chair, dean, and vice chancellor PRIOR to the event.
Sodexo Signature is NOT required on Food Form:
• Candidate Interview meals
• Donor meals
• Recruit meals
• Food purchases provided by Sodexo
• Classroom experiment food
• Coffee/WATER & supplies for University guests only
• Candy for community fairs, recruitment trips, and other University functions.
*Candy for the department is not allowed.
• Meals outside of Jonesboro
Sodexo Signature Required on Food Form Prior to Event
• Food purchased for an off-campus official function in Jonesboro
• Food purchased for an on-campus official function where Sodexo is unable to provide meal.
• Athletic Team meals
For more information on official functions categories, see Operating Procedure 05-09 and the Food Purchase Request form on Procurement Services’ web site.
- What are some minority owned businesses in the area?
How do I deny a requisition or budget transfer?
To Deny a Requisition or Budget Transfer
Note: Initiators can deny their own requisitions until the last person in the approval queue approves it.
- Click on the Self-Service Banner (SSB) icon in myCampus.
- Click on the Finance menu.
- Click on the Approve Documents link.
- Click Submit Query.
- Click on the Disapprove link for the document that needs to be denied.
- Click on the Disapprove Document button. Once this is done you will receive an e-mail stating the document has been disapproved. You can now login to Internet Native Banner (INB) and make corrections or delete the document.
How do I find a lost requisition?
If you have been timed out in the middle of processing a requisition and forgot to write down a requisition number, please use the following steps to find your lost requisition.
- In Banner, go to FPIREQN
- Click on the arrow beside the word Requisition (leave the requisition field blank).
- When the screen opens, click on the Enter Query icon to erase all the fields.
- Tab over to the field Requestor Name and type in the wildcard (%), the last name of the initiator and then the wildcard (%) again.
- Tab over to the Request Date field. Type in the date the requisition was entered. The date format must be: DD-MM-YYYY.
- Click on the Execute Query icon.
- When you locate the lost requisition, double click on the requisition number and it will open the requisition for completion.
How do I process an on-campus vendor purchase?
For instructions please see On-Campus Purchasing.
What are the processes for purchasing technology?
All technology purchases must be accessible to the visually impaired. This includes new technology purchases and software renewals.
A VPAT (Voluntary Product Accessibility Template) on most purchases will be required to verify the purchase is compliant with Arkansas law.
***The department is not required to obtain a VPAT from a state/cooperative contract items (ex. Dell).
Software cannot be purchased via the P-Card unless approved in advance to verify that it meets the requirements.
Software Purchases: Contact Shane Johnston in ITS at 972-3033 and firstname.lastname@example.org for VPAT reviews. The initiator will submit an online requisition to the vendor, follow VPAT rules and procedures and complete the IT Security Questionnaire.
- The requisition will not be processed until Procurement Services receives the approved VPAT and the completed IT Security Questionnaire.
- The IT Security Questionnaire must be completed and signed by the vendor as well as ITS before it is considered complete.
Audio/Visual Equipment, Cisco Desktop Phone, Digital Signage, and TV Purchases: Contact David Engelken (email@example.com) in ITS at 972-3033.
Cell Phone, MIFI and Data Plans (for iPads) - Contact Leigh Anne Hall in ITS at 972-3033. You may also go to the Network & Wireless section of the Help Desk ticketing application.
On-Campus Purchasing from ITS
Vendor ID: 50554137
- Obtain a quote from Information and Technology Services.
- Initiate an online requisition to ASU Information and Technology Services.
- Override the default Commodity Code description with the specific description and item number of the product being ordered.
- Any additional information for line items should be entered in Item Text.
- Enter quantity and amount.
- Use Tax Group 'P' for services or 'U' for purchases.
- Procurement will process the requisition and complete a purchase order
- Procurement writes the PO number on the requisition, and then forwards the requisition and back-up documents to Accounts Payable for payment.
For more information, see the Information and Technology Services web site
Vendor ID: 50005425
Use the following Commodity Codes:
- 20701 – Computer Supplies
- 20401 – Non-Capital Computers and Laptops
- 20402 – Capital Personal Computer
- Request an e-quote from Shane Johnston, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Initiate an order requisition
- Override the default commodity code description with the description from the quote
- Enter the following in Document Text:
- Line 1: SP-16-0019
- Line 2: E-quote number
- Once the requisition is approved, Procurement will process it, place the order at Dell, and complete a purchase order. An email attachment of the purchase order will be sent to the initiator
- Once the items have been delivered or picked up, the initiator should receive the items in Banner. When the order is incorrect, the initiator should contact Accounts Payable at 972-2315
IT Support Services, Library
Vendor ID: 50004884
Use the following Commodity Codes:
- 20701 - Computer Supplies
- 20402 - Capital Personal Computer
- 20404 - Non Capital-iPads, Tablets and Cell Phones
- Request a Apple Proposal from IT Support Services, email@example.com
- Enter an order requisition.
- Override the default commodity code description with the description from the Apple Proposal received from IT Support Services.
- Enter the following in Document Text:
- Line 1: SP-16-0019
- Line 2: Apple Contract number 1013697
- Line 3: Account number 477550
- Line 5: Apple Proposal number
- Line 6: Who will this device(s) be for/Who will be responsible for the device(s)
- Once the requisition is approved, Procurement will process it, place the order at Apple, add firstname.lastname@example.org to the email list, and complete a purchase order. An email attachment of the purchase order will be sent to the initiator
- Once the items have been delivered or picked up, the initiator receive the items in Banner. When the order is incorrect, the initiator will need to contact IT Support Services at 972-3500.
Please see the following guidelines for all ASU technology purchases:
What purchasing methods are available?
Please see all available Finance Forms on the Finance and Administration web site.
RELOCATION ALLOWANCE FOR NEW FACULTY AND PROFESSIONAL STAFF
To outline allowable relocation costs and to clarify non-allowable costs:
Arkansas Code 19-4-522 (5) (e) allows the payment of employee moving expenses from state funds by institutions of higher education. Within the fiscal limitations of departmental units of Arkansas State University a dean, director, or department head may pay an amount equivalent to up to 10% of the annual salary in moving expenses for new faculty or professional staff employees. The President, Chancellor, or a Vice Chancellor may authorize payments greater than this amount. The terms of agreement for payment of moving expenses should be included in the letter of appointment. The University's obligation applies to the movement of a "household" and does not constitute a separate allowance to each member of a family employed by the University.
- Moving the employee's household goods and personal effects.
- Travel, including lodging but not meals, from the former residence to the new residence. This includes one night of lodging upon arrival at the new home destination. Subsequent nights of lodging are the responsibility of the employee.
- Since it is often more economical to ship books by parcel post, individuals should investigate this possibility and should keep receipts to submit with their request for reimbursement.
- If the faculty or professional member elects to move himself/herself (U-Haul, etc.) rather than utilizing commercial movers, receipts should be kept for vehicle or trailer rental charges, gasoline and oil purchases, toll charges, and special labor charges (other than the faculty or professional himself/herself) required in assisting with loading and unloading.
The University does not share in the following costs:
- Storage of personal effects at either end of the move.
- Additional insurance coverage over and above than normally carried by commercial moving companies.
- Moving of household effects and personal books, not professional books, from an address other than the home address from which the individual is moving.
- Any subsequent moves from temporary to permanent housing not made within 6 months of the original move, nor agreed to upfront in writing as part of the employment offer.
Move scheduling should be done as soon as possible upon acceptance of employment, within one year from start of employment. Three written moving estimates must be secured for any amounts over $20,000. Estimates under $20,000 does not need bidding.
Payment will be made directly to the moving company by the university, or reimbursement for moving household goods and personal effects may be made to the employee, up to the amount authorized for the move. Original receipts are required for all reimbursements.
Procurement Services will not resolve any problems encountered with any moving companies. Regardless of how the employee manages a household move, moving expense payments to vendors of ASU employees must follow University Procedures.
During the move, the moving company may ask for guidance from the employee being moved. The employee being moved must understand that verbal instructions to the moving company may constitute a contract. ASU will not pay for verbal charges outside the written contract, and the employee will be solely liable. The moving employee needs to exercise caution to avoid this personal additional expense. When in doubt concerning a request from the moving company, call Procurement Services at 870-972-2028 for assistance.
THE FOLLOWING STEPS SHOULD BE FOLLOWED WHEN HOUSEHOLD GOODS MOVING SERVICES ARE REQUIRED.
- Inform your new employee in writing of the allotted amount the department is willing to pay for moving expenses.
- The new employee must attain three bids for any estimate over the $20,000 threshold. Estimates under $20,000 does not need bidding. Once they have received the cost estimates and selected the moving company, they should contact their ASU department with the information. The department should then follow through with an approved requisition to Procurement Services with the following information:
- Name and phone number of employee moving;
- Name of contracted moving company and quote number, if applicable
- Date of move and any pertinent particulars needed to ensure a successful move; Copies of three the estimates (if over $20,000) or a written quote for submittal (if under $20,000). The employee should assure that the estimates/quote are within the authorized budget before the move takes place. Any questions should be directed to Procurement Services before the employee signs the contract.
- Location employee is coming from and moving to.
For moves over $20,000 please see below:
Contract Vendor: Armstrong Relocation United Van Line
Contact Info: Rob Hurt - RHurt@goarmstrong.com or 800-288-7396
Armstrong will need the following information provided:
- Employee’s name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Moving location from and to.
- Lead Time: 10 day or 2 week advance notice
- E&I Contract Number
Minimum Order: 2,100 pounds
Fuel Surcharge: Not fixed. Dept of Energy determines monthly.
Armstrong will supply a written estimate not to exceed 10% quote
Full Replacement Value Coverage with NO DEDUCTIBLE is based on $5.00 x weight of the shipment up to $100,000 at NO COST
DURING THE MOVE
Armstrong Customer Service Rep: Pam James – 901/547-7392 or email@example.com
- She will be in contact with the transferee before, during, and after each move.
- Satellite tracking capabilities are installed on all over the road trucks.