Where Are You in Your Search for Employment?
The search for employment is an ongoing process. The following questions represent typical issues that you must deal with during this process.
- What skills do you have to offer an employer?
- Have you identified and prioritized your work values?
- What are your short range and long range career goals?
- What do you want to do?
- In what environment do you want to work?
- Do you know what you want to avoid in your work?
- Have you talked to people who can help you in your employment search?
- What professional organizations have you joined?
- Did you attend a career fair?
- Does your resume reflect your employment objectives?
- Does your resume communicate the skills you could offer an employer?
- Is your cover letter targeted and does it complement your resume?
- Are you prepared to communicate what you can contribute?
- What questions do you want to ask the interviewer?
- Have you practiced interviewing with a friend?