Welcome to A-State!
The goal of New Student Orientation is to offer students and families the best transition experience to A-State. Every student will receive valuable information about campus life and academics at A-State. New Student Orientation is required for all incoming first year students.
Prior to your preferred NSO date, your academic advisor will contact you to schedule a virtual advising meeting. This one-on-one session will allow you the opportunity to create a Fall course schedule and learn more about your selected degree plan. Your Fall course schedule will be finalized during New Student Orientation.
Families and Guests
New Student Orientation helps your student successfully join the A-State community. We know parent and families play a critical role in the success of our students. New Student Orientation is an informative and engaging day for parents and families to learn more about campus resources and ways to best support your student while at A-State. Whether this is your first college student or fifth, we invite you to participate in New Student Orientation to become familiar with support services available to you and your student.
What to Expect at New Student Orientation:
- Learn how to support your student’s academic and personal development.
- Receive information on a variety of services and ways students can get involved on campus.
- Meet current students, staff and administrators.
- Discover how to become involved as an A-State Parent.
Need Additional Assistance?
- Registering for a New Student Orientation Session?
Contact the Office of Admissions at 870-972-2782.
- Questions regarding what to expect at New Student Orientation?
Contact the Leadership Center at 870-972-2055.
- Reserve your textbooks for the Fall semester!
Contact Textbook Brokers, the official A-State bookstore, at 870-935-2325 or AStateBookstore.com.