The Department of Medical Imaging & Radiation Sciences (MIRS) exists to provide a comprehensive, multi-skilled education preparing students for entry-level practice into the medical imaging and radiation therapy professions. This mission is accomplished through collaborative education, research and scientific efforts with the health care community.
PROGRAM MISSION GOALS & OUTCOMES/RADIOGRAPHY
The Radiography Program at Arkansas State University exists to produce competent, entry-level technologist for the practice of radiologic technology.
- Students will be clinically competent:
- Students will provide appropriate patient care
- Students will practice proper radiation safety
- Students will produce quality radiographs
- Students will develop critical thinking skills.
- Students will adapt to varying clinical experiences and equipment
- Students will critique images and recommend corrective action for sub-optimal radiographs
- Students will demonstrate communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate written communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate oral communication skills.
- Students will model professionalism.
- Students will demonstrate professional work ethic
- Students will summarize the value of life-long learning
***Students receiving "Credit" for a prerequisite course taken in Spring 2020 will be eligible to apply for all Medical Imaging and Radiation Science programs.