Acceptance Policy for Senior Year Tracks
The Department does not guarantee acceptance into the program of choice for students entering the second year of the multi-competency BSRS program. Acceptance for Radiation Therapy, Sonography, CT, MRI, Mammography and Cardiovascular-Interventional students may require all or some of the following:
- Select course GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Letters of recommendation/reference
- Interview by program director
Students work with their individual advisor to prepare for admission.
Admission into the Mammography/Breast US emphasis is very limited. Only 5-8 students are selected each year depending on clinical site availability.
General Education Requirements
Students who need more than 10 hours of general education requirements are encouraged not to apply to the program. Preference will be given to those who have less than 10 hours to complete. Interviews will not be granted for those lacking more than 10 hours of general education requirements. The only exception will be if there are not enough applicants to fill the class.
Candidates for admission must also meet the following requirements:
- Completion of an accredited radiography program.
- Cumulative Grade Point Average - minimum of 2.5
- Completion of A&P I and II with labs (8 hours).
Points will be given during application process according to GPA.
Cumulative GPA less than 2.5 will not be considered for admission.
How to Apply
- Apply to Arkansas State University and have all transfer coursework evaluated for credit.
- Determine whether you meet the Admission Requirements for the Mammography/Breast Sonography program.
- Download Mammography/Breast Sonography application.
- Download Mammography/Breast Sonography modality clinic evaluation form for transfer students.
- DownloadMammography/Breast Sonography check sheet and follow the directions.
- Submit completed application by April 1st.
Application packet must be in the department office by 5 p.m. on April 1. After evaluation of all completed applications, interviews with qualified applicants will be conducted.
Applicants to the Mammography/Breast US Program are selected by the Admissions Committee using the following criteria:
|Selected Course Grades
|A-State Jonesboro Student
|Specific Modality Evaluation
Total Points Possible:
For more information contact:
Cheryl O. DuBose, Ed.D., RT(R)(MR)(CT)(QM), MRSO
Arkansas State University
Radiologic Science Program
P.O. Box 910
State University, AR 72467
English Proficiency Requirements
The Department of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences programs and professions require
a high level of proficiency in English so that all students will be able to fully meet academic and
clinical objectives as well as meet criteria for professional licensure.
In order to ensure patient safety and welfare, the student must demonstrate "with or without accommodations" in order to successfully complete the program:
- Sufficient eyesight to observe teaching methods and patients, manipulate equipment and accessories, and evaluate radiographs for quality.
- Sufficient hearing to communicate effectively with members of the healthcare team and patients and hear various patient, equipment and background sounds.
- Sufficient gross and fine motor coordination to manipulate equipment and accessories, lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds, and respond promptly to patient's needs.
- Satisfactory intellectual and emotional functions to ensure patient safety and to exercise independent judgment in the performance of assigned responsibilities in stressful situations.
- Satisfactory verbal, written, and reading skills to effectively and promptly communicate in English.
- The ability to work collaboratively and demonstrate ethical behaviors with all members of the healthcare team.
Criminal Background Checks
Arkansas State University College of Nursing and Health Professions requires background checks for students admitted to professional programs if the screening is required by an affiliate requirement. This is to ensure compliance with agreements between the College and Clinical Facilities.
Arkansas State University’s College of Nursing and Health Professions works with Verified Credentials, Inc. to establish an acceptable screening procedure. This cost of the background check is between $50 and $100. Applicants who fail to submit a background check will not be eligible to participate in the clinical experience.
Please follow the directions in the link below for submitting your application to Verified Credentials:
Background Check Results
Upon completion, the results of the background screening will be sent to you via email that will apprise you of the findings as well as your final score of:
Red: Convictions or Discrepancy found
Yellow: Possible Discrepancy found
Green: No Convictions or Discrepancies found
Appealing Your Results
If any information is found that would negatively affect your eligibility for clinical placement in the Program, you will be given an opportunity to challenge the information through the Adverse Action process associated with Verified Credentials.
The clinical site will receive the information concerning any reports that are yellow or red and will determine your eligibility to participate in the clinical experience base on their criteria.