Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
College: Neil Griffin College of BusinessDepartment: Management and Marketing
The multidisciplinary curriculum for this degree was carefully designed to meet market-driven, industry-centric needs. Delivered by faculty who are committed to teaching excellence and innovation, our Hospitality & Event Tourism Management (HETM) degree yields transferable skills, extending career possibilities.
Prepare for a Career
HETM students receive personalized hands-on experiences to build the knowledge and skills necessary to lead others and act as general managers and directors of operations on a system-wide basis. A career in HETM offers some of the most diverse colleagues, expanding perspective and life.
- Employ creativity, research, and critical thinking to solve problems, looking analytically and ethically at the triple bottom line.
- Demonstrate effective culturally sensitive communication skills using facts to support claims, and consideration of multiple stakeholders.
- Participate in a service-learning project as members of a team, assisting a community-based organization.
- Graduates can be an agent in the second-largest industry in the state, which contributes $5.6 billion and employs 1 in 9 Arkansans.
- According to Bureau of Labor Statistics, the 2020 median pay was $55,560 for meeting, convention, and event planners. This rate is expected to grow 18% from 2020-2030.
- Arkansas currently as fewer planners per 1,000 residents than average - indicating bright prospects for our graduates.
Current & Previous Partners
A 203 room hotel with attached convention center on the A-State campus.
Currently expanding to a 96,000-SF casino complex and a 20-story high-rise hotel.
Around the corner from popular theme parks and over 6,000 SQ FT of meeting space.