Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
Dr. Steven Green
Professor of Soil and Water Conservation
- Ph.D. Purdue University (Soil Management)
- M.S. Purdue University (Agronomy
- B.S. Brigham Young University (Conservation Biology-Ecology)
- Soil Science
- Environmental Sustainability
- Soil Fertility
- Soil Health
- Soil health
- Sustainable agriculture
- Cover crops
- Arkansas Soil Health Alliance
- Arkansas Association of Professional Soil Classifiers
- Soil Science Society of America
- American Society of Agronomy
- Soil and Water Conservation Society
Steve has been a faculty member in the College of Agriculture at A-State since 2006 and currently holds the rank of full professor. Prior to coming to A-State, Steve worked for the U.S. Department of Agriculture as a research soil scientist at the Sustainable Agricultural Systems Laboratory in Beltsville, MD. Steve has an active research program in the area of sustainable crop production with a focus on soil health and cover crops.
He has published many scholarly articles in national and international scientific journals and has received research funding from the National Science Foundation, U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. Department of Agriculture, and several local and state agencies.