As soon as you set foot on our campus you will know you’ve found the place you can call home.
Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
Visit the Office of Academic Affairs & Research >>
- Campus Life
A-State offers unlimited possibilities for students to customize their experience while on campus.
Visit the Dean of Students >>
Research engages intellectual curiosity, satisfies the thirst for discovery, and provides an outlet for creativity.
- About A-State
Marking its first hundred years, Arkansas State University continues to expand in exciting ways.
Dr. Asela Wijeratne
Assistant Professor of Bioinformatics
- PhD - 2007 - Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA
- BS - 2000 - University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
- Adjunct Research Associate, 2016 – present, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN
- Research Scientist, 2010 - 2016, Molecular and Cellular Imaging Center, Ohio State University, Wooster, OH
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, 2007 - 2010 - Erich Grotewold Lab, Department of Plant Molecular and Cellular Biology, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Bioinformatics and Applications
- Biotechniques I (lab course)
- Biotechniques II (lab course)
- Molecular Biology
- Introduction to Biotechnology and Research Design
- Bioinformatics and Applied Machine Learning for biological data
- Gene regulation
- Gene regulatory networks
- Abiotic stress in plants
- Evolution of gene regulation
Building: Arkansas Biosciences Institute