- Please sign up to assist Dr. Clark and Dr. Song at the J. D. Kelly Competitions for Piano and Strings on Oct. 31 and Nov. 7, and hear some talented young musicians! Helpers are needed for Registration and Piano Key Disinfecting between students. Here is a Sign-Up to fill out. Thank you so much in advance! You must have completed the online A-State Child Maltreatment Training to participate in this activity or anything else in which you work with pre-college students on campus. If you have not done this in the past, please contact Ms. Cathy Naylor. Contact Dr. Clark if you have any questions.
- The A-State Chapter of the National Association for Music Education (NAfME) will be holding an informational meeting on Wednesday, October 27 at 6pm in the Choir Room (Room 144). We will be discussing how to become a member of the A-State NAfME Chapter, our calendar of meetings and activities for the year, and our field trip to TMEA in February. Any interested music student is welcome to attend. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact NAfME President Sydney Rush or NAfME Faculty Advisor Dr. Labovitz. Hope to see you there!
- The application portal for privately-funded scholarships opened for all A-State students on Oct. 1. Whether one is an incoming high school student or a current A-State student, use this link to apply for a wide range of private scholarships.
Last year, A-State awarded more than 650 individual private scholarships. The portal is open until February, but some scholarships for incoming students may be awarded as early as Dec. 1.
- Music Education students: if you need to complete you speech proficiency this semester for screening into the Music Education program, please email Dr. Bruce Faske to be added to the list. Knowing the number of students who need to attempt the exam will help him set up an exam schedule, so the sooner you can reach out, the better! You do not need to have a topic to be added to this early list. Thank you!!!
- Students, when sending digital copies of music for collaborative pianists, please do not send photos or copies of individual pages. Kindly send a PDF with all pages in one document. Free apps such as ScannerPro or GeniusScan are recommended.
- Those that have decided to participate in Dr. Labovitz’s study abroad trip to Scotland in June should contact the Study Abroad office at (870) 972-2329 or start the application on their own at Study Abroad’s ViaTRM platform HERE. Please note that once you click apply, your student account will be charged the $50 application fee.
This Week's Events
Tue, Oct 26 **11:00 am - Tuesday
Recital Hall **7:30 pm - Concert
Choir & Chamber
RicelandWed, Oct 27
9:00 pm - KASU's In
Performance at A-State
91.9 FM or kasu.org Thu, Oct 28 **7:30 pm - Choirs
RicelandSat, Oct 30 12:30 pm - A-State
Centennial Bank Stad.Sun, Oct 31
6:00 am - KASU's In
Performance at A-State 91.9 FM or kasu.org 1:00 pm - J. D. Kelly
Riceland **5:00 pm - Flute
Recital Hall** Events for