Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
General Call to Artists
A-State University’s Art + Design department is always seeking submissions from emerging to professional artists for solo /group shows/ special programming that address contemporary issues and concerns, and/ or work that pushes traditional boundaries in its treatment of materials or subject.
We have two galleries of varying sizes: The FAC gallery located in the Fine Arts Center and the Windgate Art Gallery located in the Windgate Sculpture Building. All visual arts media are eligible for consideration. At the bottom of this page you will find a link to the floor- plan for the FAC Gallery and the Windgate Art Gallery.
Please note that artist(s) are responsible for the cost of delivery and return shipping for their work and their travel expenses. The Department of Art + Design at A-State does not insure artworks in these galleries, but they do have surveillance.
Two artists/groups/special programming are awarded an exhibition with a stipend of $500. If selected, the artist/curator/leader will be granted a one month show for either spring or fall and will be required to give an artist talk within the gallery.
- Brief Exhibition Narrative
- Artist’s Statement
- CV (no more than three pages) that includes your art education, exhibitions, awards, and bibliography. For curated exhibitions or for group artists exhibitions, please also include artists’ resumes
- 10-15 images of work with corresponding information list (defined below)
- An image list that includes the title/number of the digital file, artist’s name, title, date, dimensions, medium(s), any special installation requirements
Before proposing an exhibition, please review our floor plans carefully to understand the scale of the space.
- Floor-plans for FAC Gallery (PDF)
- Floor-plans for Windgate Art Gallery
Exhibition Proposal Narrative
- Narrative should include a title of your exhibition. Include your name, identify yourself as featured artist or curator, specify solo or group exhibition, and if the latter, include the names of the artist(s). List preferred dates and/or year of your prosed show. Include your contact information.
- Describe the concept or theme of your proposed work.
- Identify any special equipment or other requirements you may need that may become an impediment to presenting this proposed exhibition.
- Indicate whether the accompanying images are images you are proposing for exhibition, or are representative images only.
Digital Image Format Details
- Digital images should be sent as zip file. All images should be jpegs.
- No image resolutions should be greater than 300 dpi
- Images should be a maximum of 800 X 600 dpi.
- Images must be numbered sequentially (1-15) and should include artists last name. For example, SMITH01.jpeg.
Send your submissions to:
FAC Chair Kristen Franyutti