ABET approved Engineering Criteria 2000 in November 1996, a radically new set of criteria for accrediting US engineering programs. A-State Engineering began preparing to meet the new criteria in early 2000 and formed the Engineering Advisory Council as an initial step.
Initially, the goal of the Advisory Council was to assist the College in defining the objectives and desired outcomes for the BSE degree program that fulfill our educational mission and best serve the needs of our constituents. After program objectives were defined in September 2001, the Advisory Council helped to structure an assessment process to evaluate whether or not these program objectives and their associated outcomes were being achieved. The process of defining, assessing, and periodically modifying program objectives and outcomes for the BSE degree program is a continuous process, and thus, the Advisory Council has a permanent role in guiding the BSE degree program at ASU.
With the recent expansion of programs in the College to include BSCE, BSEE, BSME, and MEM degree programs, the Advisory Council has been charged with additional, broader responsibilities to promote the overall mission of College of Engineering & Computer Science. The Advisory Council assists with activities such as guiding new program development, obtaining internships and permanent employment opportunities for graduates, making connections with regional employers that provide senior design projects, seeking funding sources for student projects and the capital campaign, and other tasks important to A-State Engineering.
Civil Engineering Council Membership
- Craig Light - City of Jonesboro
- Dean Massey - Scurlock Industries
- Alan Meadors - ArDOT (retired)
- Aaron Robinson - Bond Consulting
- Elisha Wright-Kehner - Arlamas Department of Transporation
Electrical Engineering Council Membership
- Anthony Cook, Chair - Southwest Power Pool
- Keith Blocker - Craighead Electric Cooperative Corporation
- Mike Cathey - Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- Garland Martin - FMH Conveyors
- Susan Merideth - City Water & Light
- Chris Poole - White River Medical Center
David Williamson - Automation Outfitters
- Victor Nutt - NUCOR
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING COUNCIL MEMBERSHIP
- David Beasley - Consultant
- Greg Goodner - Hytrol Conveyor Co., Inc.
- Randi Huckaby - Camfil APC
- Tim Jumper - Thomas and Betts
- Rick White - City Water & Light
- Leigh Wineland - Unilever
- Kennon Woodard - American Greetings
- Sydney Allgeier, CE
- Justin Barnes, EE
- Benjamin Bush, ME
- Shivan Haran - Director of Mechanical Engineering
- Shubha Kher - Director of Electrical Engineering
- Jason Stewart, P.E. - Director of Civil Engineering