Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
Dr. Scott Bruce EdD, LAT, ATC
Associate Dean of Research
- Ed.D., University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
- M.S., Eastern Illinois University
- B.S., East Stroudsburg University
Arkansas Athletic Trainers License # 859
BOC certified athletic trainer # 000021078
NPI # 1619942364
Specifically – Therapeutic Exercise, research, concussion data.
- AT 5403, Principles of Evidence-Based Practice
- AT 5606, Orthopedic Assessment
- AT 5713, Therapeutic Interventions II: Therapeutic Exercise
- AT 5723, Therapeutic Interventions III: Therapeutic Rehabilitation and Manual Therapies
- AT 6812, Athletic Training Capstone Project
- Reaction times
- Clinical Prediction Modeling
- Evidence-based Practice
- Virtual reality
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association
- Southwest Athletic Trainers’ Association
- Arkansas Athletic Trainers’ Association
Dr. Scott Bruce has been involved in the athletic training profession for over 30 years. Dr. Bruce spent the first two-thirds of his career involved predominately in clinical athletic training working with athletes in a variety of setting from youth-aged athletes to elite level athletes. The past several years, Dr. Bruce has worked predominately in athletic training education and research. Dr. Bruce earned his doctoral degree from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga in Learning and Leadership. His dissertation was entitled Prediction Modeling for Graduate Athletic Training Education Programs where he successfully created prediction models to predict first-time success on the BOC exam and student success in a Professional Master’s Athletic Training Program.
Both Scott and his is beautiful bride Jana are originally from Western PA and have raised two wonderfully successful children: Patrick and Allison. They both graduated from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and are gainfully employed in positions directly related to their respective majors. Scott enjoys playing golf, traveling, gardening, and reading in his free time.
Building: Eugene Smith Hall
M-TH 10-11:30 AM