Graduate School Admission
All applicants must first apply online to the Graduate School for their desired program. Visit the Graduate School website for more information.
An applicant for the MBA degree program will receive unconditional admission by meeting the following criteria:
- Submitted a completed application for admission to the Office of the Registrar and the designated nonrefundable application fee, at least 30 days in advance of registration.
- Submitted official transcripts from each previously attended college or university to Graduate Admissions. Official transcripts must be submitted directly from the Registrar of other institutions to A-State’s Office of the Registrar.
- Earned a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution, or its equivalent as determined by A-State’s Office of the Registrar.
- Earned a graduate or post-baccalaureate professional degree from a regionally-accredited (U.S.) institution; OR achieved a minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale; OR achieved a 3.00 GPA on the last 60 hours of coursework (undergraduate, graduate, or combination thereof).
Applicants that meet the first three criteria above but not the fourth criterion may receive conditional admission. Consideration for conditional admission is given to applicants that:
- Earned a minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 2.50 on a 4.00 scale; OR a 2.75 GPA on the last 60 hours of coursework (undergraduate, graduate, or combination thereof); OR submitted a statement of purpose that will be evaluated by the director of graduate programs and the graduate programs admissions committee.
The following course restrictions will pertain to conditionally admitted applicants:
- Conditionally admitted students in the traditional face-to-face MBA program can take no more than 6 graduate credit hours during a traditional length semester.
Conditionally admitted students will be moved to unconditional admission status upon completion of 6 hours with a grade of “B” or better in each course. While conditionally admitted, a grade of “C” or lower in any graduate-level course will result in suspension from the graduate program.
Students receiving more than 6 credit hours of “C” or lower in 5000 or 6000-level business courses will not be allowed to continue in the MBA program in subsequent semesters regardless of overall GPA.
Affidavit of Financial Resources of International Applicants/Visa Status
Check the Office of International Programs website for more information.
The completion of the affidavit to the satisfaction of Arkansas State University is one of the requirements that must be met before a Form I-20 can be issued. Return the completed form with the statement and signature from an official of your financial institution to Graduate Admissions, P.O. Box 1570, State University, AR 72467 USA.
International applicants need to indicate on the affidavit the amount of funds in United States currency that will be available to them during each year that they plan to be in the United States. Funds must be verified by a certified statement from an official of the financial institution and/or government agency.
To expedite processing, applicants are encouraged to submit this information with their applications.
How to Apply
To apply to the MBA program, simply complete the online application to the graduate school. You will be prompted for the program in which you wish to apply for on the application. Once you have submitted all required documents to the graduate school, your application will be forwarded to the specific program for review.
If applying to the traditional MBA, choose application type of Graduate Non Doctoral.
If applying to the online MBA, choose application type of A-State Online Graduate