The proposal development process includes:
- Identification of University roles and responsibilities with respect to proposal development
- Review and interpretation of the sponsor's proposal guidelines – understanding the RFP
- Preparation of all required proposal documentation
- Preparation of a budget that supports the project scope of work and adheres to University guidelines
- Understanding potential compliance requirements
- Tracking submitted proposals
- Award receipt to the University, including review and negotiation of terms and conditions when necessary
Proposal Development Tools: The proposal development process requires access to various types of information in order to prepare the required proposal documentation: Investigator's Toolbox & Institutional Profile
Proposal Submission Portal: Cayuse is the official submission portal utilized by Arkansas State University for proposal preparation, proposal approval, sign-off of the AOR (RTT Office) and submission to the sponsored agencies’ eRA systems for electronic submission of sponsored funding proposals.
University guidelines for proposal submission:
- Investigators must notify and have approval from their respective chair and dean of plans to submit a sponsored proposal, including plans for time and effort intended for the proposed project and any potential buy-out of time to be proposed.
- All proposal documents in final form must be received by the Research Development office four (4) business days in advance of the agency’s proposal deadline date. This ensures sufficient time for the final review, suggested feedback and time for investigator to make required edits identified during the review for submission to the agency.
- Approvals for submission must be documented in Cayuse by the investigator, chair, dean and RTT prior to submission, and must be met at least – and no later - than 24 hours in advance of the agency’s deadline.
- For electronic proposal submissions, the submission must be completed at least - and no later - than 24 hours in advance of the sponsored agency’s deadline date and specified time to ensure agency’s receipt of proposal in acceptable form.
- For mailed submissions, the proposal must be mailed at least – and no later – than the morning the day before the deadline to ensure agency’s receipt of proposal in acceptable form.
- Award receipt to the University, including review and negotiation of terms and conditions when necessary, is facilitated by RTT. Investigators are not allowed to receive awards or sign agreements and contracts on behalf of the University. Funds are awarded to the University and the signature of the AOR (RTT) is required for legally binding purposes.