A-State Closing Early Friday, March 31
Arkansas State University is canceling all on-campus classes and closing all academic and business offices at 1 p.m. on Friday, March 31, in response to the high probability of severe weather in the Jonesboro area this afternoon and evening.
The National Weather Service has issued warnings for this afternoon with the high probability of extremely high wind gusts, significant severe storms and the potential for long-lasting tornadoes.
Essential personnel who maintain on-campus activities, including our University Housing and Facilities Management will continue to work on campus. If individual employees have questions regarding who is essential personnel, please check with your supervisor today.
Other Campus Closures & Cancellations
- A-State Childhood Services will also close at 1 p.m.
- The Reng Student Union will open as the campus’ storm shelter for university residents at 1 p.m., and will remain open until the all-clear.
- Dining Services will continue to operate with regular dinner hours.
- Also closing this afternoon are the Dean B. Ellis Library (online resources available 24/7) and the Red W.O.L.F. Center.
- Evening campus events may also be cancelled. Please check with the event organizer for event status.
All campus residents are reminded to monitor official university media, including official social media accounts for updates. Alerts and weather conditions are also available at Weather.AState.edu.