Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
As part of our Unified Communications systems, I.T. Services has purchased WebEx licensing for all faculty, staff, and students.
You can download the WebEx client for your PC or Mac by going here: https://webex.com/downloads .
On your PC or Mac, click on the link above and follow these steps to get started:
1. Click on the green download button appropriate for your computer
2. Once the file is downloaded, click on it to install WebEx
3. Once WebEx is installed, click on the icon to open
4. Click the sign in button and enter your full A-State email address
5. Enter your username and password in the login page
6. Accept the Duo push, and you are all set!
WebEx for Meetings
In addition to messaging, you can use WebEx for video meetings where you can screen share, message, and even remotely control someone’s screen for remote support. Another feature included in WebEx is unlimited meeting recordings. You can record online classes or meetings, and then share a link to the recording with participants. You can even limit how long participants will have access to the recordings. To access your WebEx recordings, go to this link and login with you’re A-State credentials:
You can also use WebEx on your mobile device. Download the WebEx client in the Google Play for Android, or the App Store for iPhone or iPads. Then just follow the steps above to get started.
There are two types of calling available in WebEx:
1. WebEx calls – You can use your WebEx client to make voice and video calls to other WebEx users. This is very similar to a Skype call, you only need to know the users email address. To make a WebEx call, click on the phone icon on the left of the screen. In the box above the number pad, enter the email address of the person you would like to call. Remember, this only works when calling someone that is using WebEx.
2. Traditional phone calls – WebEx can be used as a softphone which means you can place and receive telephone calls using your WebEx client. WebEx uses the same extension as your desk phone, even when using WebEx on your mobile device. This is great for people working remotely. This feature isn’t available natively in WebEx and will need to be setup. Please contact I.T. Services for more info or to get calling setup on your WebEx account.