Students will have structured guidance by the EduCare team to acquire communication and social skills that are important for academic achievement, work duties, and to increase the quality of life in areas identified by each student.
Students will obtain guidance through social participation activities such as the following:
- Acquire an understanding of social rules or norms pertaining to college life and eventually career/workplace etiquette.
- Acquire strategies for communicating their specific needs to others
- Acquire appropriate written communication skills with regard to text messaging, emailing, academic forums, etc.
- Acquire appropriate verbal communication skills with parents/caregivers, family members, educators, and professional work relationships.
- Engagement in various activities that promote interaction with peers and friends