Travel advances may be obtained for individual travel outside the Continental United States for full-time employees only. Travelers who fail to follow the requirements below may be refused travel advances for future travel.
- Advance requests are made on the Travel Request (Request) which is submitted through the Concur Travel System and approved by the appropriate supervisor, department head, or authorized
- The Traveler must enter the words “I agree” in the Cash Advance Comments field to acknowledge and agree to the following responsibilities: “Upon receipt of the advance, I will ensure the funds are in a security location at all times. I will repay any unused advance back to the University in full within 15 working days after completion of the trip”.
- Advance requests are limited to 75% of the total anticipated travel expenses, less airfare, which are not to be direct billed to the University. These estimates are calculated on the Request.
- Travel advances for less than $100.00 are not allowed.
- Travel advances may not be requested for air travel or for conference registration fees. Charges for commercial airfare should be billed to the University through a local travel agency or charged to the traveler’s T-Card or a Department Registration fees can be charged to the traveler’s T-Card, a Department Card, or the traveler’s department may submit a requisition for payment of the registration fees directly to the conference sponsor.
- Repayment of travel advances must be made in full within 15 working days after completion of the trip. Failure to do so may result in payroll deduction of the advance amount owed. The travel advance is repaid through the submission of expenses on the Expense Report, which must be submitted through Concur and approved by the appropriate supervisor, department head, or authorized
- The travel advance amount is automatically subtracted from the total of expenses in Concur in order to net the correct amount owed to the traveler.
- If reimbursable expenses do not cover the amount of the travel advance received, the traveler is required to deposit the proper amount owed using Marketplace (with a personal credit/debit card) or at the Cashier’s Window in the Student Union. The Cash Transmittal Form must be filled out and the money paid back to Fund 110000 and Account 163500. The Cashier will also need the Request number. Email the receipt, traveler’s name, the Expense Report name, and the Request number to email@example.com. Once travel has cleared the payback in Concur they will email the traveler to submit the Expense Report. Attach the receipt to the Expense Report as well.