Staff Distinguished Performance Awards Presented for 2017-18
Distinguished Performance Award recipients included (from left) Robert Bahn, Jenny Yates, Connie Scott, Mary Williams, Justin Rucker and (not pictured) Haillie Russell.
JONESBORO – The 25th annual Distinguished Performance Awards were presented to six individuals and a project team at Arkansas State University.
The annual recognition ceremony for non-faculty employees at Arkansas State University was today at the Carl R. Reng Student Union.
The Distinguished Performance Award recipients for 2017-18 are:
- Team Player – Robert Bahn, Small Business and Technology Development Center
- Unsung Hero – Connie Scott, Facilities Management Custodial/Housekeeping
- Enhancing the Student Experience – Mary Williams, Beck PRIDE Center
- Rookie of the Year – Justin Rucker, Media
- Outstanding Part-Time -- Haillie Russell, Child Development and Research Center
- STAR (Service, Teamwork, Attitude, Reliability) – Virginia (Jenny) Yates, Military Science and Leadership
- Team Achievement – Pack Pact Campaign Committee
The award nominees are individuals who exemplify professionalism and dedication to excellence in service, and perform above the standard to improve programs at A-State.
Hope Phillips, who received a standing ovation from her peers as the outgoing Staff Senate president, and Rebecca Oliver, director of the Honors College, served as hosts for the program, which also included recognition of retiring staff members and those achieving service milestones of 10, 20, 30 and 40 years.
The Distinguished Performance Awards program was initiated in 1994 to recognize outstanding job performance and long-time service by the university’s non-faculty employees, both classified and non-classified.
Members of the Pack Pact Campaign Committee, winner of the Team Achievement Award, included (from left) Katrina Watson, Lori Winn, Stephanie Lott and Dr. Bill Smith.
# # #