Distinguished Performance Awards Presented for 2019-20
Individuals receiving Distinguished Performance Awards were (from left) Carnesha Ben, Jeannie Cossey, Lauren DeFazio, Kelli Listenbee, Kathryn Pulliam and Kyle Walker.
JONESBORO – The 27th annual Distinguished Performance Awards at Arkansas State University were presented to six individual staff members and a special committee.
The annual campus recognition ceremony for non-faculty employees, postponed from May, was held in a virtual format due to the ongoing pandemic.
The Distinguished Performance Award recipients for 2019-20 are:
- Team Player – Carnesha Ben, Counseling Center
- Unsung Hero – Jeannie Cossey, Academic Affairs and Research
- Rookie of the Year – Lauren DeFazio, Mathematics and Statistics
- Enhancing the Student Experience – Kelli Listenbee, Learning Support Services
- STAR (Service, Teamwork, Attitude, Reliability) – Kathryn Pulliam, Human Resources
- Outstanding Part-Time -- Kyle Walker, Learning Commons
- Team Achievement -- Emergency Operations Committee: Jon Carvell, Kelly Damphousse, Len Frey, Bill Smith, Martha Spack, Alan Utter, Sara Walker and Lori Winn.
The award nominees are individuals who exemplify professionalism and dedication to excellence in service, and perform above the standard to improve programs at A-State.
Rebecca Oliver and Jon Carvell, current and past president (respectively) of Staff Senate, served as hosts for the program, which also included recognition of retiring staff members and those achieving service milestones.
The Distinguished Performance Awards program was initiated in 1994 to recognize outstanding job performance and long-time service by the university’s non-faculty employees, both classified and non-classified.
Members of the Emergency Operations Committee, which received the Team Achievement Award, are (from left) Jon Carvell, Kelly Damphousse, Len Frey, Bill Smith, Martha Spack, Alan Utter, Sara Walker and Lori Winn.
# # #