Arkansas State University Launches Search for Chancellor, Forms Advisory Committee
LITTLE ROCK – Arkansas State University System President Chuck Welch today announced the official launch of the search for the next chancellor for the A-State campus in Jonesboro.
The position announcement can be viewed here and can also be found on the Chancellor Search section of the A-State website. The Chancellor Search Advisory Committee has also been appointed.
Review of applications will begin in late May with on-campus interviews expected in June, Welch said in an announcement to university constituencies. Campus interviews will be in person, but there will also be a virtual component. A feedback instrument will be provided to allow for the campus community to share input regarding the candidates.
“This committee will assist me in the search for our next chancellor,” Welch said. “The committee is composed of faculty, staff, students and alumni/community representatives. It is my hope that this committee will provide a broad base of perspective and input during our search process.”
Duties of the committee will include screening all applications, selecting candidates for preliminary and on-campus interviews, and providing final feedback and recommendations to Welch.
The new chancellor will succeed Dr. Kelly Damphousse, who announced he will resign June 30 after five years in the role to join Texas State University as president.
Committee members include:
- Dr. Chuck Welch—ASU System President & Committee Chair
- Donna Caldwell—Faculty Senate President
- Alyssa Wells—Staff Senate President
- Carlee Bird—Student Government Association President
- Peggy Wright—A-State Alumni Association President
- Dr. Audrey Bowser—Strong-Turner Alumni Chapter Representative
- Dr. Zahid Hossain—Associate Professor of Civil Engineering
- Dr. Karen McDaniel—Associate Professor of Management
- David Engelken—Assistant Director of Communication Services
- Dr. Asher Pimpleton-Gray—Interim Chair of Psychology & Counseling; Associate Professor of Counseling
- Dr. Ed Salo—Associate Professor of History
- Cathy Naylor—Employee Training & Development Coordinator
- Dr. Argelia Lorence—Professor of Metabolic Engineering Vaughn Endowed Professorship
- Dr. Carmen Williams—Assistant Professor of English
- Adrian Everett—Director of Transfer Student Services
- Dr. Erika Krennerich Chudy—Vice Chancellor of Advancement
- Amy Holt—Executive Senior Associate Athletics Director for Development & Senior Woman Administrator
- Christopher Crutchfield—Student Representative
- Dr. Lonnie Williams—Vice Chancellor for Diversity, Inclusion, & Community Engagement
- Dr. Mickey Latour—Dean of the College of Agriculture
- Pradeep Mishra—Director of Printing Services
- Mayor Harold Copenhaver—City of Jonesboro
- Chris Woodard—Alumni Representative