Arkansas Delta Byways Presents 2019 Tourism Awards
Gathered for a winners photo are (from left) Kim Liston, Robert Murray (back), JoAnn Kines (hidden), Renee Robison, Munnie Jordan, Mary Melton, Jim Jackson, Terri McCullough, Pat Audirsch (red), Joe St. Columbia, Tyler Dunegan (back) Carol Bulloch, Tess Pruett, Marcel Hanzlik (back), Robert Zenanko and Ann Moore.
STUTTGART – The 19th annual Delta Awards, recognizing tourism achievement, were presented by Arkansas Delta Byways during the organization's annual festivities Friday at the Grand Prairie Center in Stuttgart.
The event was sponsored by Arkansas Delta Byways with support from the City of Stuttgart and the Grand Prairie Center. Marcel Hanzlik, president of Arkansas Delta Byways, served as master of ceremonies.
The winners of the various tourism awards were:
- Media Support: Mary Melton, Arkansas State University Publications and Creative Services, all counties
- Hospitality: The Grand Prairie Center, Stuttgart, Arkansas County
- Entrepreneur: Larry and Beth Taylor, Brinkley, Monroe County
- Tourism Support/Promotional: Mississippi River Parkway Commission-Arkansas, all counties
- Festival/Event: King Biscuit Blues Festival, Helena, Phillips County
- Boot Strap: Mississippi County Museum, Osceola
- Cultural Heritage: Hampson Archeological Museum State Park, Wilson, Mississippi County
ADB presented its "Outstanding Member Award" to Jim Jackson of West Memphis, executive director of the West Memphis Convention and Visitors Bureau.
The "Tourism Person of the Year" award went to Munnie Jordan of Helena, executive director of the King Biscuit Blues Festival.
The group also presented a Lifetime Achievement Award to Dr. Ruth A. Hawkins, director of Arkansas State University's Heritage Sites, who has worked with Arkansas Delta Byways since its inception.
Arkansas Delta Byways is the nonprofit association recognized by the Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism as the official tourism promotion association for 15 counties in Eastern Arkansas. Member counties are Arkansas, Chicot, Clay, Craighead, Crittenden, Cross, Desha, Drew, Greene, Lee, Mississippi, Monroe, Phillips, Poinsett and St. Francis.
ADB is based on the A-State campus in Jonesboro and receives administrative support through the university’s Arkansas Heritage Sites Office.
For more details, contact Arkansas Delta Byways, (870) 972-2803.
# # #