Annual Honors Recital Showcases Top Music Students
JONESBORO – The Department of Music at Arkansas State University will present its annual Honors Recital during Convocation of Scholars on Monday, April 10, at 7:30 p.m. in Fowler Center’s Riceland Hall.
This recital will highlight presentations of instrumentalists, pianists, vocalists and composers at A-State. In addition, the recital is now a part of Create@State. As a result, the performers will go through a second adjudication on the night of the recital, and awards will be presented.
Students participating in the recital include:
- Breunka Kimbrough of Cleveland, Miss., soprano;
- Antonia Makridakis of Jonesboro, flute;
- Sergio Rodriguez of Greenwood, Miss., Trevor Asher of Poplar Bluff, Mo., and Caroline Cato of Bryant, oboe trio;
- Andrew Coleman of Colt, Emily Lindley of Jonesboro, Alex Long of Walnut Ridge, and Alex Washam of Jonesboro, percussion quartet;
- Alyssa Perry of Cabot, clarinet;
- Yu Minakata of Japan, Nicholas Graves of Jonesboro, Tyler Rasmussen of Jonesboro, and Tyler Remagen of Rector, saxophone quartet;
- Lynlie Simpson of Jonesboro, flute;
- Cody Hutchison of Jonesboro, Fumi Kubota of Japan, Matt Simpson of Paragould, and Andrew Jones of Jonesboro, tuba-euphonium quartet; and
- Alex Washam, marimba.
This program is free and open to the public. For more information about this concert or any other A-State music event, one may contact the Music Department at (870) 972-2094.
# # #