The Arkansas State University Military Scholarship was introduced to further demonstrate our commitment to those currently serving on active duty. It's our sincerest "Thank You" for your selfless service to our nation.
Our scholarship reduces tuition and fees to $250 per credit hour at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
To be eligible for this scholarship, the following requirements must be met:
- Must be currently serving in the active or reserve component of the US military
- Active Duty service members must be receiving Tuition Assistance
- Reserve members must be receiving Tuition Assistance or VA 1606/1607
- Must be a service member who is retired and working a federal job that still offers tuition assistance.
- Must be a federal employee that receives tuition assistance.
- The scholarship application must be submitted by the outlined deadline and prior to the start of the term
- Service members receiving Tuition Assistance need not submit an application for the scholarship (the military TA form will serve as the application)
- Service members must email a copy of their Tuition Assistance form to firstname.lastname@example.org for traditional or email@example.com for online.
- Reserve members receiving VA 1606/1607 must submit an application.
- The student must meet all A-State program requirements
- Spouses must complete verification of spouse form in the scholarship prior to the start of the semester/term
- Must maintain a 2.0 Cumulative GPA at the Undergraduate level or a 3.0 Cumulative GPA at the Graduate level throughout the degree program
- A-State will rescind the scholarship if you withdraw from the course for reasons other than personal illness, military transfer or mission requirements
- Must reapply for the scholarship each year
- Active Duty Service Members:
- TA waiver must be sent to Treasurers office prior to scholarship application
- Must maintain all requirements for tuition assistance
- Please make note of the application deadlines.
- This scholarship can be used in conjunction with TA (tuition assistance).
- The scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with any other scholarship awarded by A-State, VA benefits (exception VA 1606/1607), or certain state/ military benefits.
- This scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with any other scholarship awarded by A-State or certain State benefits.
- Scholarship can only be used toward one degree at each level (one associate’s, one bachelor’s degree, and one master’s degree).
- Scholarship can only be used by one member of a household at a time.
- Amount of awarded will not exceed the credit hour requirements of the student’s initial program. Should students change their degree program, they will be held to the original degree programs credit hour requirements.
Scholarship Application Deadlines:
On-Campus and Online:
- Spring 2023 Full term/Session I courses: 12/15/22
- Spring 2023 Session II courses: 2/20/23
- Summer 2023 Full term/Session I courses: 4/30/23
- Summer 2023 Session II courses: 6/15/23
|Apply for Military Scholarship (22/23 Academic Year)
|Request for Verification of Spouse Status
|Degrees Offered by A-State-Link