Welcome to Arkansas State University!

Play Therapy

Graduate Certificate

College: College of Education & Behavioral Science | Graduate School

Department: Psychology and Counseling

The Graduate Certificate in Play Therapy has two primary purposes. First, it is intended for graduate students enrolled in Arkansas State University’s Master of Science in Education degree with a major in School Counseling, Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree, or Specialist in Education with a major in Psychology and Counseling enrolled in the clinical mental health or school psychology track who wish to obtain advanced training in play therapy.

Second, the certificate is for individuals who already hold a graduate degree in counseling or a closely related field. Specifically, the certificate program allows students in the above degree programs and individuals currently working in mental health settings access to educational course work required by the Association for Play Therapy to obtain the Registered Play Therapist (RPT) credential. As part of gaining the Registered Play Therapist credential, licensed mental health professionals can also add a specialization license available through the Arkansas Board of Examiners in Counseling.