What does the first semester look like?
- Students generally take 12-17 credit hours depending upon their degree plan and incoming academic background.
- NOTE: Most scholarships require 15 credited, semester hours.
- In addition to General Education courses, incoming students take a First Year Experience (FYE) course along with a linked course in the first semester.
- “Making Connections” is A-State’s name for our First Year Experience (FYE) Courses. These terms (FYE & Making Connections) will be used interchangeably on campus.
- Many, but not all, sections use Making Connection in the course title.
- This three-credit course is a “University Requirement” (link to University Requirements – Page 40 of Bulletin 2020-21 for all incoming first-year students in their first semester of enrollment – regardless of earned Advanced Placement (AP) or concurrent credit.