Please provide ALL of the following for an Out-of-State application to add Reading K-12, Dyslexia K-12, Gifted & Talented K-12, Guidance & Counseling, and Special Education K-12
This certifies completion of an approved preparation program for adding additional teaching licensure in a state other than your own. Place all documents in one packet and mail to the address below.
- Out-of-State Application Form (Institution Verification/Recommendation Form) for the state from which you are seeking licensure. Please contact your state department of education for this information.
- Tennessee applicants, please provide your demographic information and include in your packet.
- Official A-State transcript providing confirmation of graduate degree or Professional Certificate
- Must have graduation date listed on transcript. You may go online and request an official transcript be sent to you and you will enclose it in your packet of information that you will mail to the licensure officer. (You may provide your A-State ID number in lieu of an official transcript to expedite the process.)
- A copy of the appropriate Praxis II exam for additional area of licensure. For more information regarding Praxis exams, please click here.
- A copy of Pearson Foundations of Reading exam (for adding Special Education K-12 ONLY). Pearson Foundations of Reading information can be found here.
- A copy of current teaching license.
Send all Out-of-State licensure application packets to:
Office of Professional Education Programs
PO Box 720
State University, AR 72467