Admission: Checkpoint 1
It is the applicant's responsibility, with the assistance of the advisor, to initiate the Application for Admission into the teacher education program in accordance with the procedures established by the department screening committee (See form on pages 29-30 of the Initial Programs Handbook, Appendix B). This committee will evaluate the applicant's records and determine eligibility for admission into the Teacher Education Program.
- Attain minimum passing scores on the Core Academic Skills for Educators Exams OR ACT.
- Attain minimum overall GPA of 2.70 beginning August 24, 2015 (Program of Study students must have a minimum of 3.0 overall in courses for Program of Study.)
- Complete specific courses with a grade of “C” or better in each
- Complete minimum of 30 semester hours
- Complete an evaluation of Career Decision Awareness (This process may take 2 to 4 weeks to complete)
- Complete the Professional Dispositions Self-Assessment
- Submit a completed application form
- Obtain a signed Clarification of Teacher Education Admissions/Retention Standards
- Appear individually for a personal interview before the Department Screening Committee
- Documentation of an Approved Arkansas State Police (ASP) and FBI Background Check and the Arkansas Child Maltreatment Background Check clearance. Online Background Check Instructions
- Verify that student has received a copy of the Mission & Values, Teacher Education Outcomes and Arkansas Teaching Standards